Robert C. Ashley is a partner in the firm’s Phoenix office and a member of the Products Liability, General Liability, Bad Faith Litigation and Insurance Coverage Practices. Mr. Ashley’s practice is concentrated in the following areas :
- Defense of manufacturers in product liability and toxic tort cases, with an emphasis on tire defect litigation
- Defense of wrongful death, spinal cord and traumatic brain injury cases
- Personal injury claims arising from all risks, including equine liability and premises liability
- Insurance bad faith and breach of contract
Mr. Ashley has helped litigate several high-exposure product liability, personal injury, and wrongful death lawsuits to a successful conclusion, including catastrophic loss claims involving spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries, future costs of health care, loss of income, and household services, emotional distress, and hedonic damages.
Robert has defended manufacturers of automotive components, heavy machinery, rope, and children’s toys, and has assisted clients with obtaining dismissal of unjustified claims for punitive or exemplary damages. In support of his clients’ needs, Mr. Ashley takes a proactive approach in evaluating the most appropriate use of experts for consultation or testimony.
In this regard he has worked closely with experts in tire design and manufacture, quality assurance, accident reconstruction, vehicle dynamics and handling, motorcycle safety, vehicle occupant kinematics and biomechanics, and standard of care for inspection, maintenance and repair of automobile components, home appliances, and other products.
He also has extensive experience presenting and cross-examining medical and damages experts in the fields of physical medicine and rehabilitation, life care planning, neuroradiology, toxicology, economics, and business valuation.
- University of Arizona, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 2003
- University of Arizona, Bachelor of Arts (English, Latin and Humanities), summa cum laude, 1993
- State Bar Admissions, Arizona
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- State Supreme Courts, Arizona Supreme Court
- United States District Courts, United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Litigation Section, Board of Directors, 2013 – 2017
- Litigation Section, Treasurer, 2014
- Coordinator, MCBA Trial Skills Institute, 2014
- State Bar of Arizona
Rate : $$$$