Robert B. Barnes practices corporate law, with a focus on capital markets, corporate governance, and federal securities law. His experience includes private and public offerings of debt and equity securities, tender offers, and other M&A transactions, along with general corporate governance matters. He also regularly advises clients on securities laws, stock exchange rules and regulations, and periodic reporting responsibilities.
Robert is also active in Jones Day’s pro bono immigration initiatives, serving as part of the on-the-ground team working with detainees in the Laredo, Texas detention facility and participating in juvenile immigration representations in Georgia.
- Duke University (J.D. 2016; Staff Editor, Duke Law Journal);
- Furman University (B.A. in Economics and Spanish magna cum laude 2013)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
- HD Supply completes $750 million offering of Senior Notes
- PGT Innovations completes $161 million public offering of Common Stock
- PGT Innovations completes $315 million offering of Senior Notes
- Birch Communications’ Cloud and Business Services business acquired by Fusion Telecommunications International, Inc. for $600 million
- Newell Brands enters into settlement agreement with Starboard Value that ended Newell’s ongoing proxy contest with Starboard
- Gray Television completes $250.1 million public offering of Common Stock
- Greystar Real Estate completes $500 million private placement of Senior Secured Notes
Rate : $$$