Robert E. Baute joined the Firm in the Providence Office in 2002 as a member of the Business Law Department. He practices primarily in the areas of mergers, acquisitions and general corporate law.
Bob has represented a variety of private equity and venture capital funds, public and private companies, and individuals on transactions in North America, South America, Europe and Asia.
He provides advice to clients on matters ranging from leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations and senior and subordinated debt financings to vendor contracts, employment and equity incentive arrangements and other general corporate matters.
After college, Bob spent four years as an aide to Senator Jack Reed of Rhode Island, where he focused on issues relating to foreign policy, national defense and veterans.
Representative Experience :
- Represented founders in the formation of a fund for participation in the FCC’s first-of-its-kind Incentive Auction, designed to repurpose spectrum for new uses
- Counsel to Spectrum Equity in its sale of Choice Cable TV, a Puerto Rico cable television operator, to Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico for approximately $272,500,000
- Assisted Phoenix Tower International in its acquisition of rights to over 600 wireless communications towers located in the U.S. from T-Mobile
- Assisted Nautic Partners in the acquisition, refinancing and auction sale of a provider of cable set-top box repair and maintenance
- Represented private equity-backed cable MSO Baja Broadband in the leveraged acquisition of several systems in the western United States and represented Baja in its sale to TDS (NYSE: TDS)
- Assisted a publicly traded cellular telecommunications company with the acquisition of cellular systems throughout the United States, as well as the negotiation of key settlement and exchange service contracts
- Represented ABRY Partners in the sale of PSI Services LLC, a worldwide, industry-leading professional testing services provider, to Waud Capital Partners
- Advised data storage company Latisys Holdings in its acquisition by Zayo Group, (NYSE: ZAYA), a leading communications infrastructure services provider, for $675,000,000
- Represented Nautic Partners both in the leveraged acquisition of gourmet specialty beverage company Big Train Inc. and in the sale of Big Train Inc. to Kerry Group, a world leader in the food and drink industry
- Represented Focal Upright Furniture in a Series A Financing and in its eventual sale to strategic buyer Safco Products Co.
- Represented Searchlight Capital Partners in its growth equity investment in PatientPoint, an operator of digital point-of-care networks for patient education
- Advised global package and freight shipping firm Worldwide Express and its private equity and individual investors in its sale to Quad-C Partners
- J.D., The College of William & Mary, 2002
- Master of Public Policy, The College of William & Mary, 2002
- B.A., Dickinson College, 1994
- University of East Anglia, England, 1993
Admissions : Rhode Island
Rate : $$$$