Robert Blashek is a skilled and seasoned tax and investment fund lawyer. His practice covers a broad range of federal and California income tax matters, with particular emphasis on private equity, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, financings, bankruptcy and workouts, partnerships and strategic joint ventures, and general business tax planning.
Rob’s clients span a broad array of industries. They include major film studios and entertainment companies as well as private equity funds that invest across a wide variety of sectors such as aerospace and consumer products.
In recent years, Rob has managed the tax implications of numerous acquisitions, strategic joint ventures, and financings for clients such as Univision Communications, Oaktree Capital, Legendary Entertainment, Western Digital, WebMD, Houlihan Lokey, Warner Brothers, and Lions Gate Entertainment.
In addition, Rob has formed or assisted in the formation of private equity investment funds for clients such as Freeman Spogli & Co., Vance Street Capital, Shamrock Capital, Black Canyon, Clarity Partners, Northstar Capital, Key Principal Partners, and Seidler Equity Partners, among others.
- Represented Western Digital (WD) in its acquisition of Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (Hitachi GST), a subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., in a cash and stock transaction valued at approximately US$4.3 billion
- Represented Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios (MGM) in its acquisition of a 55 percent interest in Mark Burnett’s One Three Media and LightWorkers Media. The deal includes all of their interests in the blockbuster shows “Survivor,” “The Voice,” “Shark Tank,” “The Bible,” and “The Apprentice”
- Recently represented Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. and JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. as the key creditors and sponsors of a chapter 11 plan in AMF Bowling’s high-profile bankruptcy case
- Represented Major League Baseball’s San Diego Padres in the sale of the team to a group which includes and was led by members of the O’Malley and Seidler family
- Represented Warner Bros. in its acquisitions of Alloy Entertainment, a leading producer of youth-oriented media and marketing services, and Flixster, a popular movie discovery application company with over 25 million worldwide users per month
- New York
- Columbia University, J.D., 1979: Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; Columbia Law Review, 1977-1979
- Brown University, B.A., 1976: magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- Honorable Robert J. Kelleher, US District Court for the Central District of California
- Taxation Sections of American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
Rate : $$$$