Robert J. Bolger is co-chair of Venable’s Corporate Practice Group and co-chair of Venable’s Hospitality Initiative. Bob represents start-up companies and established companies as well as individual investors in a wide range of complex business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, private placements, joint ventures, liquidations, sales, and commercial contracts.
He has significant experience providing tax and business planning advice, and he has negotiated and brought to closing numerous business transactions for clients with worldwide interests.
He offers counsel and guidance on all aspects of entity formation, capitalization, and financing, with an emphasis on the hospitality, direct-response marketing and advertising, technology, and entertainment industries.
- Represented Guthy-Renker LLC in the sale of a majority interest of its worldwide Proactiv business – the world’s leading non-prescription acne brand – to Nestlé Skin Health, a subsidiary of Nestlé SA
- Represents a major hospitality company in the negotiation and implementation of numerous distribution agreements and commercial agreements related to e-commerce travel sites and other marketing and distribution platforms
- Represents one of the world’s largest direct-response marketing companies in all corporate and business transactions matters
- Represents one of the entertainment industry’s leading audio/visual services companies in commercial and joint venture transactions
- Represented a solar energy sales and marketing company in its sale to a publicly traded solar energy company
- Represented various clients in acquisitions, investments, and joint ventures (both domestic and international) involving marketing and advertising companies
- Represented an international communication services company in various acquisition and business transactions.
- J.D. University of Virginia School of Law 1982
- B.A. with highest distinction University of Virginia 1977
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Maryland
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Tax Court
Professional Memberships :
- Member, American Bar Association, Tax Section and Business Section
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar
- Member, 2016 Americas Lodging Investment Summit Law Program Planning Committee
Community : Counsel for The Geffen Playhouse, Inc.
Rate : $$$$