Robert J. Boller is a thoughtful, but aggressive, litigator who helps clients successfully resolve disputes with partners, counterparties, insurers, regulators, and governmental authorities. He also provides prospective guidance to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.Before beginning his legal career, Rob was a registered securities representative for a large asset management firm, involved in the marketing and sale of mutual funds, managed accounts and alternative investment products to investors. This experience provided him with valuable insights into the particular issues investment managers face.
Rob has advised clients involved in disputes related to:
- Partnership dissolutions/liquidations
- Debt covenants
- D&O Insurance Coverage
- Real estate financings
- Credit portfolio sales and securitizations
- Swaps and other derivative contracts
- Options contracts
- Master limited partnerships
- Trust preferred securities
- Litigation tracking warrants.
- Counsels clients regarding the use and resolution of litigation as a means of achieving desired business outcomes.
- Focuses on disputes arising out of complex financial transactions and investment activities.
- Spent four years at a large international asset/investment manager.
- Represented a large international shipping company in an internal investigation related to an alleged kickback/bribery scheme arising out of a $250 million redevelopment project.
- Frequently advise investment manager clients regarding issues related to D&O insurance coverage.
- Served as litigation counsel to committees of creditors in In re Energy Future Holdings, In re Edison Mission Energy and In re Washington Mutual.
- Represented an international investment bank in litigation arising from the sale of a $300 million mortgage portfolio and related interest rate swaps.
- Represented limited partners of a large private equity fund in litigation with the general partner over management fees.
- Obtained a temporary restraining order on behalf of investors seeking to enjoin a highly dilutive and value-destructive corporate transaction.
- Represented a private equity fund portfolio company in litigation arising from an asset purchase.
- Advised an international investment bank in connection with a joint SEC/DOJ FCPA investigation.
- Advised a group of senior managers on their departure from a major international real estate firm.
- Represented board of directors of public company in dispute regarding availability of D&O insurance coverage in connection with DOJ investigation and settlement.
- Represented a large international pharmaceutical company in litigation related to payments due under an asset purchase agreement.
- Cristo Rey New York High School, Advisory Committee.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2005
- B.A., Fordham University, 1999
- New York
Rate : $$$$