Clients call on Robert E. Browne to handle their most complex matters, from intellectual property litigation to compliance strategies for various regulated industries. Rob guides them using his courtroom experience and a thorough understanding of the nuances of applicable regulatory schemes.
Rob represents clients in complex litigation as well as in the life sciences industry. In life sciences practice, he covers all facets of the industry, including biotechnology, food, medical devices and pharmaceuticals.
Rob counsels clients on a wide variety of issues involving the FDA, FTC and USDA, including regulatory submissions, product promotion and labeling, compliance with good manufacturing practices, agency inspections and investigations, licensing agreements, and due diligence.
Rob also represents numerous clients in complex litigation. His experience includes litigation of matters ranging from intellectual property to commercial disputes to insurance coverage. Rob’s unique perspective in both the federal and state courts of Illinois and in multiple other jurisdictions is bolstered by his previous service as a federal judicial clerk and an assistant state’s attorney.
Representative Matters :
- Advise a client regarding mobile medical applications, medical device data systems and clinical decision support software.
- Counsel a client on regulatory requirements for drug master files and assist with FDA submissions.
- Represented a client in connection with an FTC investigation regarding alleged violation of the Contact Lens Rule.
- Successfully represented a client in the enforcement of notes and guaranties by obtaining early summary judgment.
- Successfully defended a client against patent infringement by filing an early motion for summary judgment and stay of discovery, leading ultimately to a stipulation of dismissal with prejudice.
- Successfully represented a client in an action for conversion, fraud and unjust enrichment in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Law Division, and obtained a $3.5 million jury verdict.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Member, Catholic Charities Advisory Board
- Member, Youth and Family Services Board, Catholic Charities
Professional Experience :
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Charles R. Norgle Sr., U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2000-2002
- Assistant State’s Attorney, Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office, 1998-2000
- Marquette University Law School, J.D., 1997
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 1993
BAR ADMISSIONS : Illinois
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, including Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Rate : $$$