C. Robert Bruner is an associate in the Investment Management Practice Group in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. Robert’s practice focuses on private equity and hedge fund formation, private equity investments, hedge fund investments, investment management agreements, and corporate compliance and governance.
Robert regularly advises investment funds, investment advisors, and commodity pool operators and traders with regards to the formation, organization and operation of both hedge funds and private equity funds and their compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
Robert also represents clients across a broad range of industries in various corporate and securities matters, including the preparation of securities filings with the SEC, such as Schedule 13D, Schedule 13G, Form 13F, Forms 3, 4, and 5 and Form ADV.
Robert has experience in a variety of transactions including:
- Structuring and forming business entities, including corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Assisting clients in general corporate matters.
- Assisting clients in buy-outs, recapitalizations and restructurings.
- Representing clients in private placements of securities.
- Representing numerous institutions and family offices in their investments into hedge funds, private equity and venture capital funds and fund of funds.
- Representing numerous institutional investors and family offices in structuring and negotiating separately managed accounts.
- Advising private equity and hedge funds in their compliance with securities laws.
Professional and Community Activities:
- State Bar of Texas
- Capital for Kids
- J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 2013
- B.A., Furman University, 2010
- Intern to the Honorable Judge James A. Wynn, United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, Raleigh, NC, July 2012 – August 2012
- Intern to the Honorable Judge Douglas Lang for the 5th District Court of Appeals, Dallas, TX, May 2011-July 2011
- Intern to the Honorable Judge Reed O’Conner, Federal District Court for the Northern District of Texas, Dallas, TX, July 2011-August 2011
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 2013
Rate : $$$$