Robert M. Buchholz concentrates his practice in the areas of professional and general liability defense, commercial litigation, risk management, insurance coverage and appellate advocacy. His representative clients include law firms, accountants, financial services professionals, insurance companies, private equity funds, and mortgage servicers, lenders and trustees of securitized mortgage trusts.
Well-versed in all phases of litigation, Robert’s clients rely on his counsel when facing claims of malpractice, negligence, bad faith, defamation, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and violations of SEC Rule 10b-5.
Before joining Hinshaw, Robert practiced at a major Boston law firm. While there, he counseled governments and quasi-public authorities on the issuance of tax-exempt and taxable debt, as well as institutional investors and indenture trustees in workouts and restructurings.
Prior to entering private practice, he clerked for the Honorable Robert J. Cordy on the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court. During law school, Robert interned for the Honorable Peter M. Lauriat and the Honorable Dennis J. Curran on the Massachusetts Superior Court and was the Editor-in-Chief of the New England Law Review.
In addition to being the valedictorian of his law school class, Robert was the recipient of the Dean Arthur E. MacLean Award for Academic Excellence, the Dean’s Award and the New England Scholar Award.
Prior to his legal career, Robert was the Assistant Senate Clerk in the New Hampshire State Senate. He also worked as the Deputy Director of a New Hampshire state-level political action committee.
Representative Matters :
- Drafting an amicus brief to the United States Supreme Court in a matter involving a challenge to a Massachusetts law implementing a “buffer zone” around abortion clinics.
- Drafting a brief to the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court on behalf of a veteran challenging the denial of his application for court costs under the Massachusetts indigency statute.
- Drafting a complaint and memorandum in support of declaratory and injunctive relief to the Massachusetts Superior Court relating to an administrative appeal from the denial of a public records request.
- Representing an asylum seeker before the Department of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services as part of the Political Asylum/Immigration Representation Project (PAIR).
- J.D., summa cum laude, New England School of Law, 2012
- B.A., cum laude, English, Saint Anselm College, 2006
Admissions : Massachusetts, New Hampshire
Rate : $$$$