Robert C. Goodman Jr. is a member at Kaufman & Canoles. His practice focuses on business advice for transactions, legal aspects of commercial transactions including mergers and acquisitions, sales of businesses, commercial and land leases, formation of business entities, major system procurements, and split-up of family businesses.
In addition to his commercial work, he works closely with families and family businesses in generational and estate tax planning, other tax issues, family dynamics, and charitable objectives. His strength is negotiation and creative solutions.
- Dartmouth College; A.B., 1964
- London School of Economics; 1965
- Harvard Law School; J.D., 1969
- American Bar Association; Corporation, Banking and Business Law Section, Taxation Section
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Beach Bar Association
- Hampton Roads Community Foundation Work Force Development Study Group Member 2013
- Blue Ribbon Tax, Fee and Spending Task Force; Member of Task Force appointed by City Council, Revenue Subcommittee Chairman, 2007
- Handled negotiations and legal advice for sales and acquisitions for sand and gravel, aggregates, concrete products and brick, ready mix, building supply and various distribution and sales entities (including consumer products, petroleum and furniture)
- Developed numerous companies’ legal forms and contracts consistent with the companies’ branding and risk management objectives
- Negotiated land and commercial leases for both landlords and tenants
- Innovative Uses of Condominiums for Industrial Sites
Rate : $$$