Robert Jones is the leader of the firm’s Legislative & Public Policy Group. Mr. Jones’ practice is focused on counseling business, association and not-for-profit clients on federal funding, legislative, regulatory and policy matters.
In the course of his distinguished career, Mr. Jones has represented major corporations such as Safeway, McKesson Corporation, Kestrel Enterprises, Inc, Verizon, Autoliv, Inc, and the Donohoe Companies; not-for-profit and government entities such as the National Geographic Society, United Way of America, The Conservation Fund, Tennessee Public Transportation Association and the Kansas City Area Transit Authority.
Before entering private practice, Mr. Jones served as counsel to the Senate Appropriations Committee and as appropriations counsel to Senator Barbara A. Mikulski (D-MD). He is also active with several civic and community organizations. Mr. Jones is listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business every year since 2010.
- District of Columbia
- University of Mississippi (J.D., 1986)
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (B.A., 1983)
- Implementation of federal funding strategy for Navistar International Corporation, a provider of best-in-class transportation solutions, research and development initiatives.
- Representation of Safeway on a range of legislative and regulatory matters impacting it as a grocer and an employer, including on health care, energy, food safety, derivatives reform, and tax and pensions issues.
- Assistance of National Geographic in its effort to improve geography teaching, training and research through the authorization and appropriations process.
Rate : $$$