Bob Cahill is a commercial litigation partner focused on representing technology and life sciences companies, among others, in a diverse range of complex disputes.
Over the course of his career, Bob has litigated matters concerning securities, antitrust, complex commercial transactions and agreements, land use and real estate transactions, FCRA claims, government contracts, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, software licenses, fraud and trade secrets.
Bob has substantial jury and nonjury trial experience in federal and state courts, and he also regularly practices before arbitration panels. Of particular note is Bob’s significant experience practicing before Virginia state and federal courts, at both the trial and appellate levels.
Before joining Cooley, Bob was an associate in the Tysons Corner office of an AmLaw200 firm.
As a law student, he was a member of the University of Richmond Law Review and the McNeil Law Society.
- University of Richmond School of Law, JD, 1995, cum laude
- Old Dominion University, BA, 1991, Political Science, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- Virginia Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
Rate : $$$