Robert concentrates his practice in the areas of litigation, government investigations and compliance. Rob is a results-driven litigator with over 20 years of experience handling a wide range of complex commercial, intellectual property, product liability, class action and employment litigation matters.
He is passionate about defending clients’ rights in products and technology. He’s known for his track record of litigation wins and favorable settlements, and for proactive and effective counsel that helps clients minimize risk and exposure.
Rob focuses quickly on the critical dispositive issues to reach a resolution with minimal cost for the client. Before joining Husch Blackwell, he worked for several years as in-house counsel in the tech industry – due to this experience, he fully understands client concerns about cost and efficiency, as well as client needs and priorities.
In addition to litigation, Rob represents clients in civil and criminal government investigations and regulatory enforcement actions relating to cybersecurity, data privacy, global anti-corruption (FCPA), insider trading, securities fraud, healthcare fraud and False Claims Act violations.
He has extensive experience representing clients before the DOJ, FTC, SEC, FINRA, DOL, HHS, Inspectors General and state attorneys general. Rob also advises clients on regulatory compliance issues and implements corporate compliance programs designed to avoid enforcement actions.
- Experienced with large variety of litigation matters in both state and federal courts involving contractual disputes, intellectual property, products liability, insurance coverage, securities fraud and employment/labor.
- Obtained more than $90 million in judgments and settlements on behalf of business clients through affirmative recoveries litigation.
- Managed and responded to government investigations and enforcement matters from the DOJ, FTC, SEC and NYSE relating to breaches of data security and privacy, insider trading, Medicaid and Medicare fraud, and violations of the FCPA and False Claims Act.
- Represented Big Four accounting firms in individual and class actions alleging violations of state and federal securities laws, in which damages claimed exceeded $2 billion.
Community Leadership :
- Hebron Hawks Cross Country & Track Booster Club, Board Member, 2015-2018
- Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas
- J.D., University of Virginia
- B.A. Economics, Brigham Young University
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- Texas State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- IPO Association Standing Committee, Litigation
Rate : $$$