Robert A. Chu is a member in the Health Law Practice Group. He primarily represents health care clients in Medicare, Medicaid, and third-party payor reimbursement disputes. Rob also counsels health care clients on regulatory and compliance issues. Rob is a subcommittee chair of the American Bar Association (ABA) Section of Litigation (Health Law Litigation).
Rob is the president of the St. Thomas More Society of Philadelphia (2019-2021) and is a member of the board of directors of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Pennsylvania (APABAPA) and the Philadelphia Diversity Law Group (PDLG).
At Cornell University, Rob earned his Bachelor of Science, with honors, in policy analysis and management, with a concentration in health policy. He earned his Master of Business Administration from Villanova University.
Robert received his Master of Public Health, with a concentration in health policy and administration, from Yale University, where he was a managing editor of the Yale Journal of Health Policy, Law, and Ethics.
Rob earned his law degree, cum laude, from Villanova University School of Law. During law school, he was a quarterfinalist in the Theodore Reimel Moot Court Competition, and he successfully secured immigration asylum for clients through Villanova’s Clinic for Asylum, Refugee and Emigrant Services. At graduation, Rob was awarded the ABA-BNA Award for excellence in the study of health law.
A description of the selection process can be found here. The ABA-BNA Award is issued by the American Bar Association and Bloomberg BNA. A description of the selection process can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2009
- Villanova University, M.B.A., 2009
- Yale University, M.P.H., 2006
- Cornell University, B.S., 2004
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey; Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court — Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court — New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Pennsylvania (APABA-PA) (Board Member)
- Philadelphia Diversity Law Group (PDLG) (Board Member)
- St. Thomas More Society of Philadelphia (Board Member)
Rate : $$$