Over the past 30 years, Robert L. Corbin has defended many of the highest priority white collar criminal cases investigated and prosecuted by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). Mr. Corbin’s clients include directors, senior management, lawyers, and accounting professionals of global and domestic enterprises.
Mr. Corbin has obtained acquittals for clients at trial, gotten indictments dismissed, persuaded the government to drop investigations, and obtained resolutions that have enabled his clients to preserve their freedom, business operations, and net worth. The government’s changing enforcement priorities have enabled Mr. Corbin to become experienced in important global and domestic industries.
In addition to his defense role in criminal matters, Mr. Corbin has conducted numerous related internal corporate investigations and defended many clients in parallel civil actions and administrative proceedings before the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), and debarring officials of the Departments of the Army, Air Force, and Navy.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 1971
- Colgate University, A.B., 1967
- Represented the president of a $3.75 billion Taiwanese electronics company.
- Represented the sales and senior marketing managers of major Japanese electronics and auto parts manufacturers.
- Represented a former senior officer of Countrywide Bank who was being investigated by the U.S. Attorney for the Central District of California for insider trading.
- Represented the Senior Vice Presidents of New Century Corporation during investigations that were conducted by the U.S. Attorney for the Central District of California, bankruptcy trustee, and the SEC.
- Represented the vice chairman of a foreign corporation who was indicted in the U.S. for conspiring to steal agricultural trade secrets that were valued at more than $1.5 billion.
- Represented the senior manager who was targeted along with his employer, a global defense contractor, for stealing the competitor’s cost data during the bid submission for a single source U.S. Air Force missile contract.
- Represented the Divisional President and former Divisional Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of a Fortune 100 company that were being investigated by the U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of California and the SEC for alleged improper booking of multi-million dollar roundtrip sales transactions.
- Represented numerous individuals, including the Senior PortfolioMmanagers of major brokerage firms, who were accused of insider trading.
- Represented multiple senior project managers of military missile and airplane manufacturers in cases that involved allegations of billing and testing fraud.
- Represented the chief financial officer of a large New Mexico hospital system that was being investigated by the U.S. attorney for the Central District of California for alleged accounting and Medicare fraud in connection with the booking of reserves.
- Defended a former partner of a global accounting firm who was being targeted in connection with the DOJ’s and U.S. Attorney’s tax shelter prosecutions in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented accounting firms that were being investigated for assisting clients in hiding foreign assets.
- Represented multiple captains and chief engineers of global maritime cargo and chemical ships in multi-district prosecutions that involved oil discharges.
- Represented a Fortune 10 company during a U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) investigation into alleged violations of statutorily mandated health benefits.
Bar and Court Admissions:
- New York, 1972
- California, 1978
- U.S. District Court
- Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
- Western District of Washington
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Rate : $$$