Robert C. Cowan was born and raised in San Antonio, Texas. He graduated from Thomas Jefferson High School and received a Vice Presidential and a Congressional Appointment to the U.S. Air Force Academy.
Bob received his undergraduate degree from St. Mary’s University where he majored in Personnel Management. He went on to receive his law degree from St. Mary’s Law School. He has also been certified as a Mediator by The Attorney Mediator Institute in Dallas, Texas.
For over 30 years Bob has specialized in handling wrongful death and serious bodily injury cases.
Bob is a graduate of The Masters Leadership Program in San Antonio. He has two children, AnnaLisa Cowan McDonough and Chris Cowan, who also are attorneys licensed in Texas.
Bob was previously employed with the Travelers Insurance Company as a supervisor in the workers’ compensation division, overseeing claims of injured employees who had serious and permanent bodily injuries. He is licensed by the Texas Supreme Court to the U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Bob has served as author and lecturer for The Texas Trial Lawyers Association and The Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
Beyond the practice of law, Bob also serves on The Board of Governors for The Cancer Therapy and Research Center at The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio. He was selected to be on the Board of Directors for both The American Red Cross of San Antonio and for The Guide Dogs of Texas.
He is committed and dedicated to his clients. He will be honored to visit with you on your case. If you are unable to meet with him in his office, he will come to see you. You will appreciate his honesty and sincerity.
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, TexasJ.D., 1975
- St. Mary’s University
- Texas, 1975
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1979
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association, Past President 2004
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Past Associate Director
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association, Director
- St. Mary’s University Alumni Association, Board of Directors
- San Antonio Bar Foundation, Trustee
- San Antonio Bar Association, Member
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- The Association of Attorney-Mediator Institute, Dallas, Texas, Member, 1994 – Present
- The National Trial Lawyers
Rate : $$$$