Robert D. Cultice is a senior partner and a former vice chair of the firm’s Litigation/Controversy Department and former co-chair of the Business Trial Group. He joined the firm in 2000. Mr. Cultice maintains an active trial practice in complex commercial litigation having tried a substantial number of cases and arbitrations in numerous jurisdictions throughout the United States. Mr. Cultice has more than 80 published decisions to his credit.
Mr. Cultice has litigated and arbitrated in various industries covering a wide range of complex commercial matters, including multiple jury and bench trials, and arbitrations, in finance and banking, securities, automotive, petroleum marketing, intellectual property and numerous other commercial subjects. He also serves as national counsel for distribution, marketing, trade and franchise disputes for a major automotive manufacturer.
Professional Activities :
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member of trial team defending against smartphone patent infringement claims involving two industry leaders in what some have called the “patent trial of the century”
- Lead counsel in defense of major high tech company involving alleged breach of licensing and collaboration agreements and theft of trade secrets relating to the development of complex location technology. The plaintiff sought in excess of $50 million in damages.
- Lead counsel in prosecuting breach of non-competition and non-disclosure covenants and theft of trade secret claims for a large bank and financial services company. The claims related to the “lift-out” by a competitor of an asset management team responsible for the management of billions of dollars.
- Lead trial counsel for the defendant in a lengthy federal court jury trial in a case involving fraud claims and violations of state and federal franchise and trade statutes.
- Lead trial counsel for the defendant in a lengthy federal court bench trial in a case involving trade dress infringement and theft of trade secrets relating to the famous Dodge Viper sports car.
- Lead trial counsel in multiple arbitrations and related federal court case involving claims of fraud and unfair trade practices in the pricing of parts.
- JD, Boston University School of Law, 1978
- BA, University of Virginia, 1974
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
Rate : $$$$