Rob Balin represents clients in all aspects of media law, including defamation, privacy, news gathering torts, First Amendment issues, copyright and trademark litigation, and contracts. Rob handles complex litigation for multinational and national corporations, including publishers, broadcasters, and new media.
Rob’s clients include: 02138 magazine, adidas, Farrar Straus & Giroux, Thomas Friedman, Henry Holt and Company, Random House, Reader’s Digest, St. Martin’s Press, Woman’s World, Yellow Book USA, and Sing Tao Daily.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Adjunct Professor, Media Law, Columbia Law School
- Communications and Media Law Committee, International Bar Association
- Forum on Communications Law, American Bar Association
- Media Law Committee, New York City Bar Association
- Libel Letter Committee, Media Defense Resource Center
- J.D., Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, 1984, magna cum laude
- B.A., University of Vermont, 1981, cum laude
Rate : $$$