Robert L. Dell Angelo is a partner with Munger, Tolles & Olson whose practice includes all major commercial litigation, with an emphasis on defending companies in securities matters and disputes over corporate control.
In addition to guiding large companies through shareholder-initiated securities claims, Mr. Dell Angelo frequently handles significant matters for biotechnology companies, utilizing his background as a medical doctor.
Mr. Dell Angelo also has led numerous corporate investigations, including inquiries regarding alleged misrepresentations by management.
- A major pharmaceutical company in a dispute over milestone payments related to a treatment for relapsed multiple myeloma.
- The Coca-Cola Co., Northrop Grumman, Corinthian Colleges and Merrill Lynch, in obtaining dismissals with prejudice of federal securities actions.
- Burlington Northern Santa Fe, Avnet, 99 Cents Only Stores, Danaher, Playboy Enterprises, 3M Company, Intel and Berkshire Hathaway in successfully defending shareholder class actions arising from mergers and acquisitions.
- Numerous internal investigations for publicly traded corporations.
Prior to law school, Mr. Dell Angelo obtained an M.D. from the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University’s medical school. He spent two years in post-graduate surgical training at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital, a New York City trauma center, and received training in each of the surgical subspecialties. He is a diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners.
- UCLA School of Law (J.D. 1992) Order of the Coif; editor, UCLA Law Review, 1991 – 1992
- College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University (M.D., 1987)
- Columbia College (B.A., 1983)
Bar Admissions : California
Rate : $$$