Robert E. Denham is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Munger, Tolles & Olson. Mr. Denham focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions and advises clients on strategic, financial and corporate governance issues. Mr. Denham also regularly provides disclosure and corporate law advice to public and private corporations and boards of directors. He is ranked as a leading corporate lawyer in Chambers USA.
Recent matters include representing HealthCare Partners in its sale to DaVita; representing Berkshire Hathaway in its $37.2 billion agreement to acquire Precision Castparts, its tax-free exchange with Graham Holdings and its $28 billion acquisition with 3G Capital Partners of H.J. Heinz Company; its $9.7 billion acquisition of The Lubrizol Corporation; its $44 billion acquisition of Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corporation and its investment in Bank of America Corp.; the Power family in its sale of J.D. Power and Associates; and The Copley Press in the sale of its San Diego and Midwest newspaper operations.
Mr. Denham is a magna cum laude graduate of the University of Texas, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He received a master’s degree in government from Harvard University and his J.D. from Harvard Law School, where he graduated magna cum laudeand was a case and developments editor of the Harvard Law Review.
- Special committee of the board of directors of DreamWorks Animation in the acquisition of DreamWorks Animation by NBCUniversal for $3.8 billion.
- Independent directors of the Guardian board of directors in a transaction in which Koch Industries acquired Guardian shares it did not already own.
- Whole Foods Independent Director Special Committee in conducting an internal investigation of message board posts by CEO.
- Harvard Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 1971); board of editors, 1969 – 1970; case and developments editor, Harvard Law Review, 1970 – 1971
- Harvard University (M.A., 1968)
- University of Texas (B.A., magna cum laude, 1966) Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions : California
Rate : $$$$