Mr. Robert W. Dremluk is a partner in the New York office of Culhane Meadows, practicing in the areas of litigation, finance, bankruptcy, and creditors’ rights. A business lawyer who delivers real value to clients, he makes it a point to understand a client’s business and objectives and then identify the best framework to deliver innovative and practical solutions.
His work focuses on diverse interests in federal and bankruptcy court litigation and advice and risk assessment regarding transactional matters, including asset purchases, structured finance transactions, real estate workouts, foreclosures, and purchases and sales of distressed assets. He understands transaction structures and regularly analyzes deal terms.
This experience is invaluable because it provides a practical understanding of issues that help shape and develop successful litigation positions and strategies. Simply put, Mr. Dremluk makes deals and, when necessary, knows how to litigate to enforce clients’ rights.
His client representations include Chapter 11 debtors, secured lenders, committees, trade creditors, debtor-in-possession lenders, bondholders, shopping center developers, limited partners, indenture trustees, equipment lessors, asset purchasers, plan proponents, trustees, and other interested parties in all aspects of bankruptcy cases, both domestically and internationally.
Mr. Dremluk has been involved in a wide spectrum of transaction and litigation matters, some of which can be described as bet the company matters. These matters include corporate restructuring, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, distressed M&A, asset sales, transactional advisory and risk analysis and commercial litigation.
He has also represented shopping center developers in retail bankruptcy cases, various parties in connection with foreclosure proceedings and both lenders and borrowers with respect to real estate financing transactions.
From an industry perspective he has represented entities involved in the following businesses: airlines, chemicals, insurance, defense, drugs, equipment leasing & financing, healthcare, hedge funds, financial services, hospitality, manufacturing, real estate, software, minerals and mining, media and publishing, retail, real estate finance and telecommunications.
- New England Law | Boston, J.D.
- Cornell University, A.B.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Seyfarth Shaw, LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle, LLP
- Whitman & Ransom, LLP (now Winston & Strawn, LLP)
BAR ADMISSION : New York
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Structured Finance Committee (Chair, Opinions Subcommittee, 2005-2012; Litigation and Restructuring Subcommittee 2008-2012)
- Bankruptcy and Corporate Reorganization Committee (Co-Chair, Intellectual Property Working Subcommittee, 2003-2005), 2015-2018
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
- Editorial Board of The Bankruptcy Strategist
- New York State Bar Association – International Section (Chair, Multinational Reorganization and Insolvencies Committee) (1998-2006)
- Turnaround Management Association
- Litigation Matters
- Represented Israel Discount Bank in connection with secured loan default relating to jewelry company, including prosecution of personal guarantees.
- Provided bankruptcy analysis to Citizens Bank in connection with loan to multi-use office complex located in Hartford, Connecticut.
- Represented bankruptcy trustee in the liquidation of apparel manufacturing companies, including prosecution of avoidance actions and claims recovery matters.
- Participated as a member of litigation defense team regarding class actions and individual claims asserted against the national accounting firm Arthur Andersen.
- Litigated coverage and plan disputes on behalf of a major insurance company in connection with chapter 11 plans with substantial asbestos and environmental liability claims filed by debtors such as Allis-Chalmers, Federal Mogul, Special Electric, Thorpe, Flintkote, TH Agriculture, Chemtura and Quigley Company.
- Transactional Matters
- Provided bankruptcy analysis to retirement fund in connection with asset sales and management rights in Capmark and Fairfield Residential LLC Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented numerous foreign equipment lease investors to restructure transactions, including replacement of collateral arising out of default caused by credit downgrade of AIG.
- Represented Arizona land bank in the chapter 11 reorganization case of home developer UDC Homes, including negotiations regarding assumption of pending purchase and development agreements.
- Provided analysis on a deal structure relating to proposed redemption or purchase of limited partnership interest, including issues relating to source funds and potential avoidance claims arising under bankruptcy and other applicable laws.
- Represented Silver Point Capital, a hedge fund in connection with risk analysis, valuation, and potential recovery of claims relating to municipal bonds issued by Delta Air Lines in connection with construction, development and use of airport facility.
- Presentations & Publications
- “Cramdown Interest Rates in Chapter 11 Cases–The Momentive Decision,” The Bankruptcy Strategist (January 2015)
- Co-author, “The ‘Unfinished Business’ of Failed Law Firms,” Law Journal Newsletters: The Bankruptcy Strategist and Law Firm Partnership & Benefits Report (November 2012) and Law Journal Newsletters: The Corporate Counselor (December 2012)
- “Meeting New Challenges in Representing Chapter 11 Debtors and Creditors,” Inside The Minds: Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and Restructuring Strategies (June 2010)
- “Purchase and Sale of Intellectual Property In Bankruptcy Cases,” Pratt’s Journal on Bankruptcy Law (July 2005)
- “September 11: Impact on Insurance and Other Contractual Obligations,” Foundation for Accounting Education and Financial Reorganization, New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants’ Bankruptcy Reorganization Committee Conference (June 28, 2002)
- “International Bankruptcy Law: Territoriality vs. Universality, Rights of Secured Creditor Protected Under § 304 (c) (4) of the Bankruptcy Code (In re Treco),” NYSBA New York International Chapter News (Summer 2001)
Rate : $$$