With extensive knowledge of the federal system, Robert Edward Dugdale is widely recognized as one of the region’s best trial lawyers. He has been the lead attorney or associate counsel on more than 25 trials and has successfully argued in excess of 20 cases before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Before joining the firm, Mr. Dugdale served more than 19 years as a trial attorney and supervisor of some of the most significant cases prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Central District of California. He was the Chief Assistant U.S. Attorney for Trials, Integrity, and Professionalism and, prior to that, he was the Chief of the Criminal Division, a position in which he oversaw the work of approximately 200 federal prosecutors in the second largest U.S. Attorney’s Office in the nation.
In 2016, Mr. Dugdale was named one of the Top 100 Lawyers in California by the state’s largest legal publication, the Daily Journal.
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D., 1993
- Northwestern University, B.A., Economics, 1990
- Represented the chief financial officer and the chief compliance officer of a global supplier of used computer network equipment in connection with their successful efforts to convince the Department of Justice (DOJ) that his company had complied with the requirements of a deferred prosecution agreement, and thus should not face criminal charges for its alleged involvement in a discount fraud scheme.
- Represented a witness who was questioned by the Drug Enforcement Administration as part of an investigation into the death of the late pop star Prince.
- Represented the former CEO and founder of a Los Angeles-based talent and literary agency in legal proceedings that lead to the recovery of money that had been stolen by one of the corporate officers of the agency he led.
- Supervised the prosecution of a group of Chinese operatives who hacked into computer systems that belonged to Boeing and various other defense contractors for the purpose of stealing sensitive military technology and other trade secrets.
- Led operations that targeted trade-based money laundering that occurred in the downtown Los Angeles Fashion District that garnered nationwide attention and led to the seizure of over $150 million in criminal proceeds and some of the largest seizures of bulk cash in the history of American law enforcement.
- Managed dozens of successful prosecutions targeting large, well-entrenched street gangs that were involved in all manners of serious crime that qualified as federal offenses, including drug trafficking, fraud, the sexual exploitation of children, firearms trafficking, bank robberies, kidnappings, and murder.
Bar and Court Admissions:
- U.S. District Courts
- Central and Northern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Rate : $$$$