Robert Hauberg is a shareholder in the Jackson, Mississippi, and Washington, D.C., offices and former leader of the Firm’s Government Regulatory Actions Group and current leader of the Firm’s Securities and SEC Enforcement Subgroup within the Government Enforcement and Investigations Group (GEI).
Mr. Hauberg is also a member of industry service teams for Government Contracts and Health Care Government Investigations and heads up the Whistleblower Task Force for GEI.
He concentrates his practice in antitrust, securities, False Claims Act and RICO litigation; money laundering, white collar crime; post-conviction clemency; internal investigations including foreign corrupt practices, export controls, OFAC sanctions and price fixing; corporate compliance; and litigation for financial institutions, securities broker-dealers, health care and pharmaceutical providers, government contractors, and public officials.
He has represented companies and individuals from Canada, China, Denmark, Egypt, Germany, India, Japan, Kuwait, The Netherlands, Russia, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.
He has handled dozens of grand jury investigations and criminal trials, as well as civil trials involving mergers, financial institutions, RICO, false claims by government contractors, whistleblowers and bribery.
He has participated in mediation/arbitration matters including the Marvin Frankel insurance fraud litigation, KPMG tax shelters, shareholder litigation, securities suitability, sales of marine equipment, antitrust, health care/pharmaceutical contracts, and federal False Claims Act whistleblower litigation.
Prior to private practice, Mr. Hauberg was a federal prosecutor as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the District of Columbia, and as a senior official in the Antitrust Division and in the Criminal Division (Fraud Section) of the Department of Justice in Washington.
- Yale Law School, J.D., 1970
- Yale University, M.A. in International Relations, 1967
- University of Mississippi, B.A., 1965, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Northern Districts of Mississippi
- Mississippi Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First, Second, Fifth, Sixth and Eighth Circuits
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- Represented executives in telecom securities fraud, energy trading and false health care company financials prosecutions and/or related civil litigation.
- Represented physician in grand jury investigation of telemedicine DME prescribing.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in the investigation and settlement of qui tam litigation in Philadelphia regarding rebate calculations, as well as in a parallel SEC revenue recognition investigation.
- Represented a hospital owner and administration in an antitrust case in Vermont brought by a peer-reviewed doctor, who settled the matter after discovery.
- Obtained a carve-out from prosecution for a Dutch executive in an air cargo price-fixing investigation by the Department of Justice Antitrust Division, and represented him as a witness in class action litigation.
- Represented a government contractor in an OIG investigation of volume/prices in sales of fuel for postal delivery vehicles, which included the production of records and partial voluntary disclosure.
- Represented a United States Senator in connection with the investigation of a staffer in the Abramoff-Ring prosecution, which included the production of documents to the Department of Justice Public Integrity Section and the Senate Legal Counsel.
- Advised a bank holding company on divestitures needed to complete the acquisition of a bank and coordinated with Antitrust Division and Federal Reserve.
Professional Honors & Activities :
- Secretary – Federal Bar Association Antitrust and Trade Regulation Section (2016 – 2018)
- Fellow– Mississippi Bar Foundation
- Former Member – Securities Industry and Financial Markets Assoc. (Compliance and Legal Division)
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- Member – American-Scandinavian Foundation
- Member – Danish Club of Washington, D.C.
Rate : $$$$