Robert E. Spicer, Jr. is a member, and former chair, of the firm’s Securities and Corporate Governance practice. Rob has over three decades of experience in advising public and private companies on corporate law, corporate finance and a broad range of securities law matters.
He has represented numerous public company clients from diverse industries, including banking, financial services, insurance, wireless telecommunications, real estate, manufacturing, automotive and retail.
Rob’s extensive experience includes representation of clients on public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, mergers and acquisitions, reporting under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and stock exchange listing requirements.
He provides advice to clients on Delaware and Virginia corporate law, shareholder activism, anti-takeover defenses, fiduciary duties and related matters. He also provides advice on internal and external investigations and shareholder derivative suits.
An important part of Rob’s practice is providing advice to corporate management, boards of directors and board committees on corporate governance requirements, best practices and emerging trends. Rob is committed to providing clients with timely and practical advice that takes into consideration the client’s business and unique culture.
- American Bar Association – Business Law Section, Corporate Governance Committee; Business Law Section, Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities
- Richmond Bar Association – Continuing Legal Education and Mentor Program Committees, Past Chair
- Virginia Bar Association – Business Law Section
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M.), 1996
- University of Richmond School of Law (J.D.), 1984
- Tulane University (B.A.), 1978
Rate : $$$