Robert H. Eddy’s practice includes the defense of professional liability cases, commercial litigation, product liability, personal injury, insurance coverage, and bad faith litigation. He has briefed and argued many appeals in state and federal courts and he has defended major personal injury and wrongful death cases arising from product liability, aircraft, industrial, construction and automobile accidents, explosions, and chemical exposure.
Robert regularly consults professional clients on pre-claim, claim repair, and risk management issues. He is a frequent lecturer on professional liability, commercial law, ethics, and professionalism topics.
A Level One Coatings Inspector, certified by the National Association of Corrosion Engineers, Robert also serves as a National Coordinating Counsel for a Fortune 500 coating manufacturer defending large loss property damage/commercial loss cases across the country.
- J.D., cum laude, The University of Toledo College of Law, 1979
- B.A., University of Notre Dame, 1976
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Ohio, 1979
- Michigan, 2011
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 2006
- United States Supreme Court, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit, 1981
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1981
- Groch v. General Motors Corp.(2008), 117 Ohio St. 3d 192
- Hussein v. City of Perrysburg, 617 F.3d 828 (6th Cir. 2010)
- Gentek Bldg. Prods. v. Sherwin-Williams Co., 491 F.3d 320 (6th Cir. 2007)
- C&K Indus. Servs. v. McIntyre, Kahn & Kruse Co., L.P.A., 2012 Ohio App. LEXIS 4530, 984 N.E. 2d 45, appeal denied, 134 Ohio St. 3d 1487
- Suder-Benore v. Motorists, 2013-Ohio-3959, 2013 Ohio App. LEXIS 4144
- Clemens v. Katz, 2009-Ohio-1461, 2009 Ohio App. LEXIS 1232, appeal denied, 122 Ohio St. 3d 1481
- Fishpaw v. Francisco, 2006-Ohio-3450, 2006 Ohio App. LEXIS 3402
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- Defense Research Institute
- NACE Certified Coatings Inspector – Level 1 (National Association of Corrosion Engineers).
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Toledo Bar Association
Rate : $$$