Robert Kappers is an intellectual property lawyer who focuses his practice on patent litigation and post-grant proceedings for technologies of all types, including consumer electronics, automotive, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices.
He handles all facets of litigation, including pre-filing investigations, expert and fact discovery, witness preparation, discovery and dispositive motion practice, claim construction, and trial preparation.
Robert graduated as Valedictorian from the University of Cincinnati College of Law, where he was an active member of the Intellectual Property Law Society. He received many awards for his academic success, including the Lawrence Maxwell Memorial Advocacy Prize for excellence in appellate advocacy.
Robert is a Registered Patent Attorney with the US Patent and Trademark Office.
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
- The Richard Linn American Inn of Court
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, Corporate IP Management Committee
- J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law, 2013, summa cum laude; Order of the Coif; Notes and Comments Editor, The University of Cincinnati Law Review
- B.S., Ohio State University, 2010, summa cum laude, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Rate : $$$