Robert Fernandez is the chair of Dentons’ US Real Estate practice. He has diverse experience in the areas of corporate and real estate transactions, with particular focus in the areas of finance, acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, commercial leasing and real estate development.
As US Real Estate chair, Robert works with firm leadership to oversee strategic planning, productivity, lateral recruitment and partner integration, as well as other real estate practice matters across the US and worldwide. In addition to his US leadership role, Robert is a member of Dentons Global Real Estate Executive Committee. He has also served as a member of Dentons’ US Board.
- Northwestern University School of Law, 1999, JD, H. Washington Scholar, Note and comment editor, Northwestern University Journal of International Law and Business
- DePaul University, 1996, BA, with high honors
Admissions and qualifications:
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Robert represents many of Dentons’ large institutional lending clients. His financing experience includes drafting and negotiating credit agreements and related security documents for a variety of complex and sophisticated senior debt, mezzanine and equity financings involving investment funds, biomedical research facilities, industrial real estate properties, hotels, office buildings and shopping center developments throughout the US.
In addition, Robert has substantial experience in the acquisition and disposition of commercial real estate, as well as in real estate joint venture transactions throughout the country for many of the Firm’s institutional real estate investor clients. This experience covers a variety of asset types, including high-rise offices, hotels and resorts, multifamily developments, industrial facilities, data centers, medical offices and retail properties.
Robert also has a significant amount of experience representing both landlords and tenants in commercial lease negotiations covering office, medical office, industrial, educational campus and mixed-use properties. This track record includes tenant representation of various hedge funds, private equity funds, insurance companies and higher education providers.
- Executive Board Member, Downers Grove Economic Development Corporation
- Board Member, Leadership Greater Chicago, 2015-present
- Fellow, Leadership Greater Chicago, 2013–14
- Member, State of Illinois Medical Disciplinary Review Board, 2007–2010
Rate : $$$