Robert Fisher focuses his practice on the tax aspects of corporate transactions. He has experience advising, structuring, and implementing corporate and partnership acquisitions and dispositions, including taxable and tax-free mergers and stock and asset transactions.
Bob also has experience in the formation and financing of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, corporate restructurings and reorganizations, and leasing transactions. A creative problem solver known for also crafting cost-efficient solutions, he has advised start-up companies as well as private and public mid-cap and large international entities.
- Represent Yahoo Inc. in numerous acquisitions.
- Represented Overland Storage in its combination with sphere.
- Represented Priceline in the acquisition of rocket travel.
- Represented Lieberman Broadcasting in its debt restructuring.
- Represented Houzz in the redemption of certain of its outstanding shares.
- Represented Macquarie in the purchase of a 49% interest in NYK Ports LLC, a series limited liability company.
- Represented a developer of technology neurostimulation devices in connection with the sale of all of the stock of the company for cash and deferred payments.
- Represented a large investment company in connection with the sale of a portion of the stock of the company with deferred sale of the remaining stock.
- Represented an internet search company in the acquisition of a competitor.
- Represented several private equity companies in numerous acquisitions of C corporations, S corporations, LLCs, and partnerships.
- Represented numerous investors and issuing companies in connection with the issuance of common stock, preferred stock and debt.
- University of California at Los Angeles, J.D., 1998: Order of the Coif
- Brigham Young University, B.S., 1995: magna cum laude
Rate : $$$$