Robert G. Homchick is a health care regulatory lawyer, he counsels clients in areas such as physician self-referral (i.e., the federal Stark Law and its state law counterparts), regulatory compliance, and fraud and abuse. Bob regularly speaks and writes on a variety of health law regulatory topics.
Bob also regularly represents hospitals, physicians, ancillary services providers, and others in a wide variety of transactional matters including mergers, acquisitions and affiliations, and the formation and operation of joint ventures.
His extensive experience includes the development and implementation of compliance programs, defending providers in government audits, investigations, administrative proceedings and litigation, including qui tam False Claims Act lawsuits.
- Works with hospitals, physician groups, and academic medical centers to resolve Stark Law and anti-kickback issues arising out of physician relationships, organizational structures, and joint ventures
- Advocates directly with state and federal regulatory agencies on behalf of providers and other clients
- Directs internal investigations of compliance issues and advises clients regarding corrective action and the voluntary disclosure processes
- Represents both physician groups and hospitals in practice and service line acquisitions, co-management agreements, and other integration strategies
- Assists providers, investors and creditors in assessing the regulatory risks of mergers, acquisitions, affiliations or investments
- Serves as an expert witness on health care regulatory and compliance issues
Professional & Community Activities:
- Chair, Program Committee American Health Lawyers Association Fraud and Compliance Forum
- Past Chair, Practice Group on Fraud and Abuse, Self-Referrals and False Claims, American Health Lawyers Association
- Past Chair, Health Law Section, Washington State Bar Association
- Past President, Western District of Washington, Federal Bar Association
- J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School, 1982, summa cum laude
- B.A., University of Puget Sound, 1979, summa cum laude
Rate : $$$