Robert (Bob) G. Riegel has more than 35 years’ experience representing management clients across the full spectrum of employment law, with a focus on litigation. He handles all aspects of employment litigation, including jury trials, administrative trials and hearings, and arbitrations. He is known for litigating efficiently and effectively to achieve a favorable result whether early dismissal, settlement, summary judgment or trial.
Bob has successfully litigated employment discrimination, retaliation, sex and racial harassment cases, Fair Labor Standards Act actions and breach of contract claims. In moments of crisis, in the heat of litigation or for guidance on strategic decisions, clients rely on Bob for his employment law experience and his insight.
As an advisor, Bob applies his litigation experience and instincts to counsel clients in crisis situations or for preventative counseling on the many issues that can affect the employment relationship, including EEO issues, wage and hour issues, employee handbooks, employee benefits, personnel policies, reductions in force, affirmative action obligations, and strategies for employee discipline and termination.
Bob also handles litigation and counseling matters involving unions (including NLRA litigation and arbitrations), Family and Medical Leave Act, sexual and other forms of harassment, Fair Labor Standards Act compliance, Americans with Disabilities Act, and restrictive covenants (such as non-compete provisions).
Bob is dedicated to his clients. He is levelheaded under pressure and is known for his ability to quickly but carefully analyze a crisis situation and then help clients identify options, solve problems, mitigate risks, and move forward with a strategy that is based on good business outcomes.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 1981, cum laude
- Stetson University, B.A., 1978
- The Florida Bar: Member, Labor and Employment Section; Member, Trial Lawyers Section Federal Bar Association
- Stetson University College of Law Board of Overseers: Member, 2009-present
- Fourth Judicial Circuit: Past Chairman, Professionalism Committee; Past Chair, Mentor Board
- Jacksonville Bar Association: Past Chairman, Professionalism Committee
- Stetson Lawyers Association: Past President
Rate : $$$$