Robert H. Gebaide is a partner in BakerHostetler’s Orlando office and co-leader of the firm’s national Real Estate team. Rob routinely represents public and private clients throughout the United States in a broad array of real estate transactions. He has handled numerous transactions involving the acquisition, permitting, development and sale of commercial property.
In connection with his work with the Hospitality team, Rob regularly represents clients in connection with the acquisition, development, management, finance, and sale of hotels, condominium hotels, marinas, mixed-use developments, and vacation ownership projects and clubs.
Prior to joining BakerHostetler, Rob was an attorney with the Seminole County Attorney’s Office, where he was primarily responsible for advising the Board of County Commissioners, the Planning and Zoning Commission and county staff on all aspects of land use planning, development, code enforcement, building regulation and development review.
Building on this experience, Rob maintains an active land use practice, regularly representing clients in connection with zoning, comprehensive plan and other permitting activities.
- Represented Hyatt affiliates in connection with acquisition of the former Peabody Hotel in Orlando, Florida. Addressed operational, transitional, employment, intellectual property, construction and other issues that arose.
- Represented private hotel company in connection with acquisition, permitting, finance and development of a major resort.
- Represented a national outdoor advertising company throughout the state of Florida in connection with digital billboard implementation.
- Represented a successor construction lender in the conversion of a portion of its resort to a whole-unit condominium project. Client acquired the property by means of a deed in lieu of foreclosure from the original developer. Developed a strategy pursuant to which the project would be significantly amended to permit the sale of whole-unit condominiums alongside a partially sold fractional project existing within the same resort building.
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- American Resort Development Association
- Jewish Federation of Greater Orlando, Co-Chair – Cardozo Legal Society
- City of Maitland, Community Redevelopment Agency Advisory Board, Orange County Representative
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Volunteer Initiative Board
- Maitland Little League Board of Directors, Director of Baseball Operations: Coach
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1997
- B.S.B.A., University of Florida, 1994
Admissions : U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1998, Florida, 1997.
Rate : $$$$