Robert S. Goldberg is a co-head of Mayer Brown’s Renewable Energy Group and advises on domestic and international project finance and development transactions of all kinds. Rob’s practice focuses on the energy and infrastructure sectors, including conventional and renewable power, oil and gas and toll roads.
Rob’s clients consist of financial institutions and other lenders and investors, sponsors, developers and other participants in project finance and development matters. In addition to debt and equity financing and development work, Rob represents purchasers and sellers of energy companies and assets in private acquisition and divestiture transactions.
Rob is also experienced in the restructuring and refinancing of project finance and other debt outside of bankruptcy. Rob is individually ranked by Chambers USA 2017 for Projects: Renewable and Alternative Energy and Rob has been honored as a “Project Finance Rising Star” by Law360 for his work on various complex project financings.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, JD
- Binghamton University, B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude
- New York
- Represented GE Energy Financial Services and Goldman Sachs as tax equity investors to finance the Moapa Solar project, a 250 MW AC photovoltaic solar project developed by First Solar in Nevada.
- Represented the developer on the construction loan, tax equity commitment, back-leverage commitment, tax equity bridge financing, and power hedge arrangements for the 200 MW South Plains Project, located in Texas.
- Represented the developer on the financing of a 300 megawatt Texas wind project, including a $467 million construction loan, a $261 million structured equity investment commitment and a long-term hedge off take arrangement.
- Represented Tenaska Power Fund on a $1.645 billion acquisition financing for the acquisition of a portfolio of natural gas-fired power generation facilities located in the United States.
- Represented Bank of America, Citigroup, GE Energy Financial Services and Google in a $315 million structured equity investment in Balko Wind, a 300 MW wind farm located in Oklahoma, developed by affiliates of D.E. Shaw Renewable Investments, L.L.C.
- Represented FirstWind in connection with the sale of its equity interests in the 150 MW Route 66 wind project located in Texas and the 105 MW Palouse wind project located in Washington.
- Represented First Wind as sponsor on tax equity financing for the 105 MW Palouse Wind project in Washington state.
- Represented Horizon Wind Energy in obtaining equity financing for a portfolio of wind farm projects located in the United States.
- Represented the international lenders in connection with the financing of the $1.4 billion Cross Israel Highway, Israel’s first toll road. The deal was honored as “deal of the year” by both Project Finance magazine and Project Finance International.
- Represented Union Bank of California and DZ Bank in connection with providing acquisition financing and take out term financing to a sponsor group for the acquisition of the interests in a natural gas storage facility in California.
- Represented various developers in connection with the development and financing of ethanol and biodiesel production facilities in the United States.
Rate : $$$