Robert F. “Bob” Gray, is a partner in the firm’s Corporate & Securities practice in the Houston office. He has advised boards of directors, as well as audit and special committees, of public companies in many industries.
Bob has represented a variety of public and private companies, underwriters, and equity investors/venture funds in private placements, public offerings and mergers and acquisitions.
His extensive industry experience is a significant advantage for clients operating in the energy and technology arenas. According to Chambers USA 2015, Bob “has great judgment and provides commercially-oriented legal advice.”
- New York University, LLM
- University of San Diego School of Law, JD
- University of Michigan, MBA
- University of Michigan, BBA
- District of Columbia
- Chairman, Business Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, 1995 to 1996
- Texas State Liaison, ABA Committee on Corporate Laws, 1990 to 1998
- Executive Board of Directors, BioHouston, 2003 to 2015
- Board of Managers, Cougar Investment Fund, 2001 to date
- Dean’s Advisory Board, University of Houston C.T. Bauer College of Business, 2002 to date
- Advisory Board of Directors, Houston Technology Center, 2000 to Present; Chairman, 2001 to 2005
- Board of Directors, Junior Achievement of Houston/Gulf Coast, 1996 to 2001
- Advised underwriters in connection with $800,000,000 Senior Notes of Rowan Companies, Inc.
- Advised underwriters in connection with 5,000,000 Common Units of Exterran Partners, L.P.
- Advised underwriters in connection with $500,000,000 7.875% Senior Notes due 2019 of Rowan Companies, Inc.
- Advised underwriters in connection with secondary offering of 3,400,000 common shares of Goodrich Petroleum Corporation at $15.50 per share.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advised Kentz Ltd. In connection with the acquisition of Valerus Compression Services LLC.
- Advised Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores in connection with the acquisition of 28 truck stops from Pilot Travel Center LLC.
- Advised Special Committee of the Board of TEPPCO Partners, L.P. in connection with sale to Enterprise Products Partners L.P.
- Advised Centurion Energy International Inc. in connection with acquisition of Merlon Petroleum Corporation.
- Advised Precision Drilling Corporation in connection with disposition of Precision Energy Services and Precision International Drilling Divisions to Weatherford International Ltd.
Rate : $$$