Robert Guo is Counsel in the Firm’s Private Funds Practice, where he advises private fund sponsors on the establishment and operation of private investment funds across multiple asset classes ranging in size from under $50 million to over $10 billion. Robert also counsels sponsors with respect to internal economic and governance matters, as well as regulatory compliance and fund-related aspects of mergers and acquisitions transactions.
In addition, Robert has significant experience working with newly formed sponsors on all aspects of establishing their operations and raising capital, advising sponsors on complex secondary and other liquidity transactions, and working with key investment professionals in separation arrangements.
Robert also has advised many private equity and venture capital investors on venture financing, growth equity and other investment, acquisition and sale transactions.
Robert’s recent transactions have included:
- American Industrial Partners in raising $1.8 billion for American Industrial Partners Capital Fund VI and raising $700 million for American Industrial Partners Capital Fund V
- Hellman & Friedman in raising $10.9 billion for Hellman & Friedman Capital Partners VIII
- Vivo Capital in raising over $640 million for Vivo Opportunity Fund, a public company-focused investment fund
- Rubicon Technology Partners in connection with raising over $500 million for Rubicon Technology Partners II and $300 million for Rubicon Technology Partners I
- Stockbridge Capital Group in the sale of equity interests in YES! Communities
- IDEO in a minority investment by Hakuhodo DY Holdings’ kyu collective
Robert received his J.D. from the University of California Berkeley School of Law in 2010 and his A.B. from Cornell University in 2004.
- University of California Berkeley School of Law, 2010 J.D.
- Cornell University, 2004 A.B.
- Phi Beta Kappa
Admissions : California 2011
Rate : $$$