Robert J. Hahn’s practice focuses on structured financings. Bob Hahn is a partner in the firm’s structured finance group. His experience includes financing portfolios of single family for rental loans, solar receivables, auto loans, credit card receivables, equipment leases, trade receivables, tax liens, synthetic leases and other assets.
Bob has assisted clients in developing structured products to address specific client mandates, such as treasury funding goals and loss mitigation strategies and has structured some of the first reverse mortgage securitizations and synthetic auto loan securitizations.
In addition to his transactional practice, Bob represents clients in workouts and restructurings of structured products, including SIVs, CDOs and other complex structured products.
Bob has been recognized for several years as a leading lawyer in the securitization and structured products markets in both Chambers USA and Chambers Global.
Bob is also a member of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee and devotes a substantial amount of his time to pro bono representation.
- Represent issuers, lenders, underwriters, investors and other parties in securitizations of and financing, warehousing, purchases and sales of portfolios of single family for rental loans, solar receivables, auto loans, leases, home equity loans, home equity lines of credit, small business loans, credit card receivables, defaulted and charged-off assets, time share loans, trade receivables, reverse mortgages, tax liens and other consumer and commercial assets.
- Represent financial institutions, issuers, underwriters, credit enhancers, liquidity providers, asset-backed commercial paper conduits and other securitization participants in issuing, administering, servicing and underwriting mortgage- and asset-backed securities and synthetic securitizations.
- Represent investors and lenders in domestic and international restructurings, work-outs, foreclosures and bankruptcies of single seller commercial paper conduits, consumer loan backed securitizations, charged-off receivable securitizations, structured investment vehicles (SIVs) and collateralized debt obligations (CDOs).
- Represent counterparties to credit default swaps (CDS) in connection with terminations and payments due upon termination of CDS.
- Structure, negotiate and document secondary market transactions in financial assets and derivatives related thereto.
- Advise investors regarding structure and structural risks relating to specific structured products and types of structured products.
- Implement financing strategies relating to asset-backed securities, collateralized debt obligations and liquidity and credit enhancement.
- Advise clients on post-issuance matters relating to mortgage- and asset-backed securities.
- Advise administrators of asset-backed commercial paper conduits on program compliance, regulatory and enforcement matters.
- Structure, negotiate and document single family for rental securitizations and warehouse agreements.
- JD, St. John’s University School of Law, 1984
- BA, St. John’s University, 1979
- New York
- North Carolina
- Member, American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$