Pillsbury partner Robert C. Herr, a nationally recognized real estate authority, was named San Francisco’s 2013 “Lawyer of the Year” in his field by Best Lawyers. Bob represents major real estate developers, owners, investors, managers and lenders, including Shorenstein Properties and SKS Partners, as well as a major sports business, the San Francisco Giants, in acquisition, financing, development, operation and other business matters.
Experienced in land use and zoning issues, Bob seeks government approvals for major office, retail, residential and hotel projects in key urban environments in San Francisco and Oakland. His strategic counsel advances his clients’ visions and transforms skylines.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Advised the owner of a San Francisco office building complex in a billion-dollar recapitalization.
- Negotiated, on behalf of the seller, the sale and refinancing of a five-office-building portfolio in three states valued at $475 million+, and counseled on related joint venture formation and financing.
- Represented a real estate investment company in the sale of an undivided interest in an approximately 820,000-square-foot Class A office campus in Austin, Texas.
- Advised a real estate investment company on the $147.5 million sale of a three-building, 307,000-square-foot office campus in Santa Clara, California.
- Represented Carpenter/Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc. regarding the St. Regis mixed-use luxury hotel/residential condominium project at 3rd and Mission Streets in San Francisco.
- Representing Shorenstein Properties LLC in connection with multiple acquisitions, dispositions, recapitalizations, financings and joint venture transactions involving billions of dollars of commercial properties across the United States.
- San Francisco Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- American Bar Association (Real Property section, Joint Ventures, Commercial Leasing subsections)
- San Francisco Bar Association (Real Property section)
- Lambda Alpha International, Golden Gate Chapter
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 1967
- A.B., University of California, Berkeley, 1964
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$$