Robert E. Hogfoss counsels clients on compliance issues, enforcement defense, administrative adjudication and environmental litigation. Bob’s practice focuses exclusively on energy, environmental and administrative law, with emphasis on Pipeline Safety Act, Clean Water Act, Oil Pollution Act, NEPA, RCRA, CERCLA and TSCA issues.
His clients include oil and natural gas pipelines, chemical manufacturers, and the pulp and paper industry. Bob served as a law clerk to Hon. Diarmuid F. O’Scannlain of the US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, from 1986-87.
Bob has served as a moderator, speaker and panelist at legal and industry conferences and seminars around the country, and is the author of numerous articles, book chapters and editorials on environmental, compliance and regulatory issues.
Representative Matters :
- Advise corporations and municipalities on compliance issues arising under complex energy, transportation and environmental laws.
- Provide advice to oil and gas companies on infrastructure expansion, integrity management and contingency planning issues.
- Represented some of the largest oil pipelines in the country on Pipeline Safety Act, Clean Water Act and other enforcement actions.
- Resolved complex RCRA Section 3008(h) administrative proceedings through negotiated settlements, resulting in significant reductions in scope of work.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Member, Section of Environment, Energy and Resources; Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice, American Bar Association
- Member, Environmental and Administrative Law Sections, State Bar of Georgia
- Lewis & Clark Law School, J.D., 1986, Articles Editor, Environmental Law Review,
- Reed College, B.A., 1980.
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
Rate : $$$