Robert H. Hotz Jr., co-head of the firm’s New York litigation section, represents individuals and institutions in complex investigations and enforcement matters by the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Commodity Futures Trading Commission and other regulators, and in related parallel civil litigation.
Rob has handled matters related to:
- Securities and commodities fraud/insider trading
- Antitrust and anticompetition
- Improper accounting and disclosures
- Antibribery and FCPA
- Anti-money laundering and sanctions.
- Previously served as a federal prosecutor in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York and as a member of its Securities and Commodities Fraud Task Force.
- Represents clients in complex government investigations, enforcement actions and related civil litigation.
- Described in Chambers USA as an “excellent lawyer with a very strategic approach.”
- Defending the former chief financial officer of a financial services firm in government investigations and parallel civil litigation.
- Representing employees of public companies in SEC investigations into accounting practices in the United States and Europe.
- Representing hedge funds and employees in numerous insider trading investigations brought by the DOJ and the SEC.
- Representing individuals in multiple cross-border investigations of conduct relating to benchmark rates such as the London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR) and ISDAFIX.
- Representing executives in numerous FCPA investigations arising out of conduct in Europe and Asia.
- Defending the former managing director of a broker-dealer firm in an SEC enforcement action in the Southern District of New York.
- Member, New York State Bar Association Committee on White Collar Criminal Litigation.
- Member, board of directors, New York Lawyers for the Public Interest.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center,cum laude, 1992
- B.A., Georgetown University, cum laude, 1989
- U.S.D.C., District of Delaware
Rate : $$$