Robert J. Barry is a member in the Labor and Employment Law Practice Group and the Manufacturing & Distribution Industry Team. His practice concentrates on employment law litigation, day-to-day advice, and long-term strategies for employers in both the public and private sectors.
He regularly advises on discipline and discharge, employment discrimination, wage and hour issues, occupational safety and health, restrictions on competition, and unemployment compensation.
- University of Virginia; B.A., with distinction in English, 1975
- University of Virginia School of Law; J.D., 1978
- University of Mary Washington Foundation, Board of Directors
- The Raven Society; University of Virginia, Member
- Virginia Bar Association; Past State Chair, Section on Labor Relations and Employment Law, 2004-2005; Member of Governing Council, 1995-2007
- Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Association
- Defense of all types of claims for numerous public and private sector employers
- Defense of Fair Labor Standards Act claims including multiple employee cases
- Represents employers in workplace safety and occupational safety and health cases
- Ongoing advice to institutional employers including professional corporations, credit unions, colleges, public school systems, manufacturers and distributors in a wide variety of employment matters
Rate : $$$