Robert J. O’Brien is the primary contact for the firm’s Construction Contracts and Litigation Team and practices in the areas of construction, surety and specialized banking and commercial litigation.
With more than three decades of construction law experience, he handles a broad range of construction-related matters on behalf of contractors, public and private owners, subcontractors, sureties, architects, engineers and condominium associations.
Bob’s banking litigation experience relates to check fraud liability and financial institution bonds. He has conducted numerous jury and bench trials, and has extensive experience with arbitration and mediation as dispute resolution alternatives.
A member of the American Bar Association’s Forum Committee of the Construction Industry, Bob serves on the American Arbitration Association’s National Panel of Arbitrators and has frequently been selected as a mediator in construction disputes.
He served as Chair of the Connecticut Bar Association’s Construction Law Section from 2007-2009 and is an active member of the Section’s Executive Committee, the Connecticut Construction Industries Association and the Construction Institute. He is a frequent panelist and speaker at construction law programs.
- American Arbitration Association’s National Panel of Arbitrators: Current Member
- American Bar Association: Forum Committee of the Construction Industry
- Connecticut Bar Association: Executive Committee (1996-Present); Chair (2007-2009); Construction Law Section
- Construction Institute: Past Program Committee Member
- Associated Builders & Contractors of Connecticut: Legislative Committee, Board of Directors (1995-1998)
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 1979
- Amherst College, B.A., 1976
Rate : $$$