For 35 years at Pillsbury, Robert A. James has helped clients achieve their goals on complex energy, construction and infrastructure transactions. Rob is co-leader of Pillsbury’s Projects team. His practice focuses on :
- energy project development and acquisitions;
- complex commercial agreements and joint ventures; and
- engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts forfacilities and infrastructure, including public-private partnerships (PPPs).
His work spans sectors including oil and gas production, refining and transportation; chemicals and mining; public transit; universities and health care; and renewable and conventional power generation and power storage and transmission. Rob also counsels on international investment protection, fine art acquisition, and corporate compliance programs.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Rob manages legal aspects of design and construction of complex health care facilities in California, including acute care adult and children’s hospitals and extensive provider network facilities. Projects under way in excess of $3 billion.
- Rob guides divestitures, acquisitions and joint ventures in the upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas sectors, including international and domestic investments in conventional and unconventional resources.
- Rob advises on development and construction of solar, wind, geothermal and conventional power generation, electricity storage and transmission, and energy efficiency projects throughout the United States.
- J.D., Yale Law School, 1983
- A.B., Stanford University, 1980
ADMISSIONS : California, Texas.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- State Courts in California and Texas
Rate : $$$