Robert V. Jewell’s principal areas of practice are mergers and acquisitions (both domestic and foreign), corporate governance and capital markets transactions.
In over 40 years of practice, Bob has particular experience relating to the energy industry, master limited partnerships, real estate investment trusts, the forest products industry and representing special committees of boards of directors.
- Counsel to special committees for several master limited partnerships in dozens of transactions with affiliated companies
- Represented both buyers and sellers in dozens of mergers and acquisitions in the energy services industry
- Represented Frontier Oil Corporation in connection with its merger with Holly Corporation
- Represented Allis-Chalmers Energy in connection with its acquisition by Seawell Limited
- Counsel to the Special Committee of EGL, Inc. in connection with its acquisition by CEVA, an affiliate of Apollo Management, over a contested bid by a management-led group
- Represented energy services companies in connection with investigations of potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Represented an energy services company’s Audit Committee in connection with a potential restatement of financial statements
- Represented both issuers and underwriters in public offerings, including initial public offerings, of both equity and debt securities in a variety of industries for over 35 years
- JD, SMU Dedman School of Law, Southwestern Law Journal, Editor, 1978
- BBA, Finance, The University of Texas at Austin, 1975
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Bar Foundation
Rate : $$$$