Robert Stewart has lived and practiced in Anchorage since 1985. He has extensive experience in employment and labor matters, public procurement, construction, and general litigation. Bob’s clients include: Chugach Electric, Doyon, Evergreen Helicopters of Alaska, Iditarod Trail Committee, and Providence Health Services.
Bob provides clients with experienced counsel and defense in a variety of employment-related matters, including federal and state wage and hour and discrimination laws, prevailing wage statutes, OSHA, wrongful termination, defamation, employment contracts, protection of employer intellectual property non-competes, non-solicitation, and confidentiality, all aspects of federal and state labor law and other employment laws.
He is a frequent speaker on labor, employment, and OSHA topics. Examples of Bob’s representative experience in employment/labor matters can be found here.
Bob represents clients in the area of public and private procurement matters. The primary focus of this area of his practice is the representation of proposers in filing (prosecuting) or intervening (defending) bid protests. His experience ranges from local procurements, state acquisitions (principally in Western states) through numerous federal bid and proposal matters. Examples of Bob’s representative experience can be found here.
Bob represents various types of clients in the several areas of construction law including owners, such as Chugach Electric Association and Anchorage Hospitality LLC; general contractors, such as A & A Construction; subcontractors, such as Industrial Roofing, Inc.; and material suppliers, such as Haakon Industries, Ltd. and Familian North West, Inc. Examples of Bob’s representative experience with construction law matters can be found here.
Professional & Community Activities:
- American Bar Association
- Chair, Pro Bono and Public Service Committee, Alaska Bar Association, 2011-present; 2005-2009
- Founding Board Member, Alaska Immigration Justice Project, 2005-present
- Board of Directors, Anchorage Project Access, 2007-present; Chair, Resources Development Committee, 2008-2012
- B.S., Environmental Policy & Administration, Western Washington University, 1980, magna cum laude
- J.D., Stanford Law School, 1983
- Vice President for Community Affairs, Environmental Law Society
- Georgetown University, 1971
Rate : $$$