Robert Katz has practiced intellectual property law for over 30 years. His experience encompasses virtually every aspect of intellectual property law. Robert has been first chair in a large number of patent, trademark, copyright, unfair competition, and trade secret cases including jury trials, and has also handled arbitrations and mediations.
He has obtained and opposed preliminary injunctions and briefed and argued appeals in State and Federal Courts throughout the country. Robert has also handled patent interferences, reissues, IPR’s and Derivation proceedings, and reexamination proceedings as well as trademark oppositions and cancellations in the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
In addition to his active litigation practice, he has counseled clients on patent and trademark validity and infringement issues, has negotiated and drafted numerous license agreements, and has prepared and prosecuted patent applications in many different areas of technology.
Those technologies emphasize inorganic and organic chemistry, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology, but also include medical devices, materials science, polymer chemistry, nanotechnology, semiconductors, nuclear energy, and green energy.
- Case Western Reserve University (J.D.), 1980
- Columbia University (B.A., chemistry), 1975
- State of Illinois
- Registered U.S. Patent Attorney
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second, Fifth, Seventh, Ninth and Federal Circuits
- Editor, Case Western Reserve University Law Review (1978-79)
- Conner Inns of Court – Charter Member (2008)
- Martindale Hubble – AV Rating Excellence (2008–present)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (Chair, Biotech Patent Appeals Committee)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
Rate : $$$$