Robert M. Kincaid is a respected and successful Ohio trial attorney. His litigation experience includes more than 38 jury trials to verdict and litigation in 17 states. Rob’s experience involves the representation of both defendants and plaintiffs with more than a half dozen multimillion-dollar plaintiffs’ verdicts and arbitration awards.
A number of his verdicts are cases of first impression, cases where the risk of an adverse jury verdict would have resulted in significant follow-on litigation from similarly situated plaintiffs, and strategic cases coordinated with client business objectives. Rob’s trial experience covers a broad range of corporate and commercial matters.
Rob is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and is annually recognized by Chambers USA — “known for his courtroom performance and great command of evidence” (2009); “best known for his work on financial and corporate matters, and his extensive litigation experience is nationwide in scope” (2010); “he is a highly capable litigator; I would give him high praise” (2012); “really skilled and talented” (2018) — The Best Lawyers in America (Bet-the-Company, Commercial and Fiduciary Litigation), Super Lawyers and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
- Univ. Circle Research Ctr. Corp. v. Galbreath Co. (1995), 106 Ohio App. 3d 835 (defense of breach of contract and breach of lease claims involving a commercial parking garage)
- Anderson v. Jefferson Sav. Bank (S.D. Ohio 1995) (defense of savings and loan and board of directors in breach of fiduciary duty and whistleblower claims), No. 93-CV-660
- Frazier v. Miller (2004), Fairfield Cty., Ohio, No. CV062 (prosecution of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and fraud and tortious interference claims against president and majority shareholder)
- The Dispatch Printing Company, et al., v. National City Corporation, et al., (2012) Franklin Cty. Ohio No. 08CVH-6506 (defense of lead investor in a breach of fiduciary duty and aiding and abetting claim brought against the board of directors as a result of a $7 billion recapitalization of a publicly traded bank holding company).
- Tri State (E) Recycling, et al. v. Dennis Loyd, (2007) Butler Cty. Ohio No. 2007 11 4529 (defense of breach of contract, misappropriation of trade secrets, and injunctive relief claims related to the above patent litigation)
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law, 1977, with honors; Editorial Board, St. Louis University Law Journal
- B.A., University of Notre Dame, 1974, with honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1977
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1977
Rate : $$$