Robert Edward Kolek concentrates in all aspects of U.S. income tax practice involving individual, corporate and partnership matters, particularly structuring and planning complex financial transactions such as start-up and growth-oriented investments.
He has substantial experience representing clients on disputed tax matters, both administratively within the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as well as before the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. Claims Court and various U.S. District Courts.
He also has significant experience in connection with cable television and telecommunications.
Robert has represented banks, including a major Chicago money market center, and large and small savings and loan institutions regarding advance tax planning for large transactions and with dispute resolutions at both the state and federal level.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 1968
- Loyola University Chicago, B.A., 1965
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Tax Court
- American Bar Association, Taxation Section, Banking and Savings Institutions Committee
Rate : $$$