Robert Blankenship is an associate in the Firm’s Baton Rouge office. As a member of the Advocacy Department, Robert assists clients in various business-related litigation matters, including casualty/liability defense issues, and health care issues, representing insurers and managed care entities in numerous regulatory and litigation issues.
- Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, J.D./B.C.L., 2010
- Louisiana State University, B.A. in English: Creative Writing, 2007
- Louisiana, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Eastern and Western Districts of Louisiana
- Obtained multiple favorable settlements and dismissals for claims for damaged cargo under the Carmack Amendment.
- Obtained summary judgment for plaintiffs’ claims against a motor carrier broker under theories of joint venture, vicarious liability and negligent hiring of an independent contractor. The summary judgment was upheld by the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal.
- Obtained numerous favorable settlements for motor carriers in suits involving serious injuries, alleged failure to properly maintain carrier’s commercial vehicles and multiple alleged violations of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs).
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member − Louisiana Bar Association
- Member − Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Member − Board of Directors, Adult Literacy Advocates of Greater Baton Rouge
Rate : $$$$