Mr. Robert Stearns is a Member in Dickinson Wright’s Troy and Saginaw offices and Chair of the Patent Prosecution Practice Group. He has over 25 years of experience in the legal industry, particularly in the area of patents. Mr. Stearns maintains a very active patent practice with clients in the automotive industry as well as medical device, pharmaceutical and light rail.
He handles all aspects of patent law, including preparing and filing original applications, responses, appeals, reexaminations, foreign filings and actions, patent clearance and freedom-to-practice opinions, intellectual property litigation counseling and support, and the management of large domestic and foreign patent portfolios.
Prior to becoming a patent attorney, Mr. Stearns was employed as a metallurgical engineer in the automotive and steel making industries. He brings this practical experience into his patent practice and particularly enjoys working directly with inventors and business people and helping to fuse the link between the technical and commercial aspects of inventions. He gives voluntary lectures on patent-related topics that are geared toward hands-on application by engineers.
- Michigan Technological University, B.S., 1987
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 1991
- Michigan, 1991
- Registered to Practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office
- Saginaw Valley Patent Law Association, Past-president and secretary
- AIPLA, Member
- State Bar of Michigan, Intellectual Property Law Section
- American Society for Metals (ASM)
Rate : $$$