For more than 15 years, Dr. Robert Wagner has assisted clients with complex commercial litigation and intellectual property matters. He has a strong background in civil litigation involving technical issues in the energy industry and in patent infringement and trade secret litigation. He assists energy and natural gas companies in resolving disputes with contractors and other companies involving drilling, financing and personnel matters.
He has also handled numerous matters involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, non-competition agreements, fraud and RICO litigation for his clients. As he is licensed to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Rob handles patent prosecution on behalf of clients, particularly in the optical, electrical, computer and mechanical industries.
Additionally, clients look to Rob for filing of provisional, non-provisional and PCT patent applications, trademark registration and intellectual property audits to assist them in evaluating, strengthening and protecting their intellectual property, technology and brands.
Rob’s practice combines extensive technical knowledge with a collaborative approach to corporate legal matters. He approaches each case with intellectual curiosity, thorough research and genuine care for people. Rob builds long-term relationships with clients and develops legal strategies that honor their needs and priorities.
His goal is always to position cases to resolve quickly, but he works from the start to develop a case narrative that will lead to success if trial becomes necessary. Clients find Rob both approachable and knowledgeable.
- Case Western Reserve University, J.D., 2001, Honors: Order of the Coif, Case Western Reserve Law Review 2000-2001
- University of Michigan, Ph.D., 1998, Applied Physics
- University of Michigan, M.S., 1995, Applied Physics
- Harvey Mudd College, B.A., 1992, Physics
- Q. Todd Dickinson Intellectual Property Chapter American Inn of Court, Barrister
- Advisory Committee for the Study of the Local Patent Rules for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association, Secretary/Treasurer
- DRI, the Voice of the Defense Bar, Member of the IP Steering Committee and Chair of the Patent Special Law Group
Rate : $$$$