Bob Wyld’s extensive civil litigation experience centers on complex business and commercial litigation. This includes general business matters, intra-corporate and partnership disputes, shareholder oppression and corporate governance litigation, securities, class action, breach of contract, insurance coverage, and business tort issues.
He litigates disputes in a wide range of industries, including healthcare, insurance, financial services, manufacturing and not-for-profit businesses. He also has significant experience representing fiduciaries and beneficiaries in complex trust and estates litigation, including will contests, trustee surcharge and removal litigation, contested accountings, cy pres and deviation claims, and trust and will construction actions.
In addition to his trial practice, Bob has considerable experience with alternative dispute resolution procedures, including mediation and commercial arbitration.
Bob is a former law clerk of United States District Court Judge Frank J. Murray and has served as President of the Hartford County Bar Association, President of the Oliver Ellsworth Inn of Court, President of the Hartford County Bar Foundation and as a Fellow of the Connecticut Bar Foundation.
- Oliver Ellsworth Inn of Court: President (2005-2006)
- Hartford County Bar Foundation: President (2005-2006)
- Hartford County Bar Association: President (1991-1992)
- Connecticut Bar Association: Executive Committee, Litigation Section (1990-1994); Task Force on Professionalism (1999); Standing Committee on Professionalism (1999-2001)
- American Bar Association: Section on Litigation and Torts
- The Law Works for People: Advisory Committee (1992)
- Bench Bar Leadership Conference Steering Committee (1993)
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1976
- University of Vermont, B.A., 1973, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Rate : $$$